Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rana and Vivi cook together! :D

It happened, kids! We finally found the time, in between work and just an outrageous busy schedule, to get together as friends(with Rana's best friend Laila) and makes some good eatin'!

Want a list of what we made?

Caprese Bites(Rana)
Chicken Fajitas(Rana)
Arab Carne Asada(no, it's not Shawarma...)[Rana]
Tomato Salsa(Rana)
Shrimp Patties(Vanessa)
Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas(Vanessa)


Mind you, Vanessa worked her butt off on those shrimp patties, and the sauce that came with them. But the recipe or picture wont go up just yet. Vanessa's making a new batch, and then putting up the recipe when she gets internet again. For now, you guys are stuck with my recipe. Sad, huh?

I'm providing the recipes for the Caprese bites, and the Arab Carne Asada.

First off, the Caprese bites are an idea I got from Yummyland, a food blog I frequent. The recipe is so easy, and those pictures do absolutely no justice. Grrr. Just go to her blog, she does a much better job, and doesn't stupidly use her phone camera.



Now time for the Arab Asada(I've shortened the name, so sue me...). It's only called that because I have no idea how to make carne asada, and Vanessa(Vivi) thought of a Mexican food themed get-together. So I spiced it up a bit. This is my recipe:



Arab Asada:

Ingredients:
As much thinly cut meat as you want.(I got the meat for Carne Asada especially because it was on sale!)
Cumin
Salt
Pepper
1 onion, cut in half then sliced
1/2 a bulb of garlic
1 tsp ground rosemary
3 tbsp Olive Oil

Slice the meat as thin as you want it, I did thick slices, and slice against the grain so the meat isn't too chewy. Place in a big bowl. Sprinkle with as much cumin as you'd like, I did around 2 teaspoons. Crush or slice the garlic and add to the mixture, add the olive oil, the rosemary, the onion, and some salt and pepper to taste. Let sit for a while(when I was making this I was also working on some failed plantain chips and the Caprese bites). Heat up a pan and a little bit of oil, then dump all the bowls contents into the pan and fry it all around. I wanted to serve it medium well done, but they sat too long(for good reason).

Place the complete and hot meat and onions into a soft taco, as much as you like. Garnish with cilantro(Laila hates it), salsa, fresh sliced avocados, and sour cream. Whatever you'd like! I had one, but if I could have eaten more, I would have. I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow. ;D


So there you have it! Afterwards me and the girls went to Rite Aid for ice cream, but I was the only one who got some. Mmmm, Mint 'n' Chip!

-Rana

No comments:

Post a Comment