Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Restaurante Review: The Odyssey (Granada Hills) [Rana]

This restaurant is high end. Not really, it attracts a great crowd and the atmosphere is amazing. The view is perhaps the best part of the experience, at least that's what people say. My favorite part of the experience is the Creme Brulee. Yup. We'll get to that later though.

The link: The Odyssey Restaurant



My brother ordered the seafood medley. There's a lobster tail, a scallop, white fish(I don't know which), and a slice of salmon. That all on a bed of pasta. My brother couldn't even finish the lobster tail, I ate some.



This is what I ordered. Filet mignon, cooked medium rare, over mashed potatoes(which were amazing), topped with fried onions, and a side of veggies. I finished the meat, and had two bites of potatoes. Honestly, it's waaaaay too big a portion.



This was my dessert. When I saw Creme Brulee on the menu, I just had to have it. And when I saw that it was topped with seasonal berries? I nearly fainted. I did what I always do. Slowly pick the berries off and eat them one by one, then dig into the sweet, creamy custard and crunchy chewy sugar coating. It's amazing. This is the dessert to order when you get here, no questions asked. My brothe had the red velvet cake, and hated it, so he stole a bite from me. Look, let me just tell you, when I'm eating Creme Brulee, you do NOT steal a bite from me. :]

-Rana

No comments:

Post a Comment