Monday, July 5, 2010

A new post?!

It's insanity! Well I've been cooking a lot, but not putting it up on here. Makes me a bit sad.

Well here's another quick culinary fixation, my Homemade Pasta Sauce!
(Jimmy calls it Hoe-made)



I put it in a bento last I made it because I was going on a train ride and I really wanted to eat something that wasn't a sandwich. :D

Alright so let's get started on this sweet, savory, and spicy sauce. :]

Ingredients:
1 lb. of ground turkey or beef
1 large can of Hunts tomato sauce
1 large can of stewed tomatoes(italian seasoned, you can buy them in any supermarket)
1 or 2 large sweet onions chopped, depending on how much you like onion
1 handful of fresh basil chiffonaded(you can use dried if you like, just use less of it)
7 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder to taste

Start off by heating a pot, not a pan or skillet, on medium-high heat. Drizzle some oil on the bottom. Put in your onions and garlic and stir around until the onions are a little brown at the edges.

Place in beef or turkey and start breaking that stuff up, unless you like your pasta sauce super chunky.

Once the meet looks to be totally browned but not well done, pour in sauce and tomatoes. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes. Stir it around, place the top on the pot, and let simmer for a while. Takes around 5 minutes.

Drizzle some more olive oil, throw in your basil, and stir around. Let simmer a little while more.

Season to taste, it should taste amazing.

And you're done! Enjoy with any kind of pasta, I love it with whole wheat spaghetti. :]

This recipe takes all in all about 20 minutes, maybe 10 minutes to prepare all the ingredients. It's great when my brothers or house keeper helps me. My house keeper actually asks for this dish on a lot of occasions.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment