Sunday, July 11, 2010

Manaeesh(Arabic Pizza)


So this dish is extremely delicious and comforting. My mother made it the morning after my father returned from the hospital. She made three different kinds, onion and pepper, zaatar(which is a mixture of spices that I cannot describe), and lebni and veggies. My favorite?




Lebni and Veggies!

Now it may not look completely mouthwatering to you, but whenever I see this on a plate I drool. This is one of my favorite dishes ever. It's garlicky, sweet, tangy, spicy. It's absolutely amazing and refreshing and just... yummm. So here's the recipe!

Lebni and Veggie Manaeesh:
1 tomato, chopped
2 seedless cucumbers, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
2-3 stalks of green onion, chopped
1 handful of mint, cleaned and chopped
3 large tablespoons of lebni, or depending on how thick you want it. I actually usually put 2 tablespoons.
Salt to taste
Olive oil to taste
3 premade and half-baked pizza dough rounds(can be storebought, or you can make your own and freeze them like mom did)

A little note: The pizza rounds were about 6 inches in diameter, so they were a personal pizza size. If you want a big pizza, just make one. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Step 1: Combine all chopped veggies and herbs into a bowl with lebni. Sprinkle with salt. Set aside.

Step 2: Drizzle some olive oil on your pizza dough. Start baking your pizza, once it starts to reach a golden brown around the edges, pull it out.

Step 3: Cut the pizza's in half, then pile the veggie mixture onto it and spread it around. Don't care about an even coat or anything.

Enjoy!

Like I said, I love this dish. Have some gum on hand for afterwards, it gives you garlic breath, but man is it good. The chewy crust of the pizza mixed with the amazing crispness of the vegetables, the kick of garlic, the refreshing mint. It's a great summer eat. ;]

-Rana

No comments:

Post a Comment